Call for Peer-Reviewers.
The University of South Africa, in collaboration with the University of Johannesburg and Cognition & Co, are proud to announce the call for interested peer-reviewers for the 6th Southern African Student’s Psychology Conference. Reflective of the Africanising and decolonising debate, Psychology has been challenged to venture beyond the traditional confines of our discipline and our Western academic training, and to explore new possibilities! To this end the University of South Africa, in collaboration with the University of Johannesburg would like to invite peer reviewers for the 6th Southern African Student’s Psychology Conference.
Peer-reviewers will be expected to review abstracts related to:
- Practical or theoretical examples of combining psychology and other disciplines (or professions) to make sense of (or make a positive difference to) social phenomena.
- Psychology’s (post-)colonial heritage and the possibilities for reclaiming an African psychology.
- Re-imagining psychology as a decolonial project.
- Starting conversations with communities outside academia and beyond the consulting room.
- Students’ role in co-constructing new psychologies.
If you would like to register as a peer-reviewer for the conference, please click here.
To view the conference website please click here.
If you have any other questions regarding the peer-review process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org